Make it work!


First let me start off by saying how addicting blogging can be. I was very reticent about joining my blogging buddies as I didn’t think I would really have anything interesting to write about, then the bug hit. I am now writing regular emails as if they were blogs. There must be a 12 step program out there for me or people like me.
Anyway, my last entry focused on guilty pleasure movies. However, there are even worse guilty pleasures such as reality shows. I don’t count my love of the Amazing Race and Idol, since they have earned Emmy’s and monster ratings respectively. I am talking about PROJECT RUNWAY (even though it has come to its end for the season I’m sure you can catch it in re-runs anytime of the day). Dear lord, I love that Tim Gunn, though he could never really love, love me. Click here to undertand what I am talking about:
http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway_2/Podcasts/Project_Runway_2_Podcast_Ep10.mp3
Last night was the season finale with a runway showing at NY’s fashion week. There are 3 finalists and the winner is picked after the runway show commences. What could be better than watching gay men on TV? Watching the gayest gay men in the world, designers, on TV. These people are just freaks. Yippee for me! You have meltdowns, fringe gone wild, crazy models, diva judges and the best one liners ever! Check my side bar for sampling of the best ones.
This year’s crop had its usual group of odd balls, some of them you looked at and thought what the F*(&?! My kid could make something better than that (I don’t have a kid but if I did, I’m sure they could create something better than this vomit on fabric); yet others who are truly brilliant. Who the hell could create a dress out of flowers and plants only and make it look like a dress? That is impressive.
My favorite of the season were: Nick, Chloe, Daniel, Kara, Andre and our requisite bad guy(s)Santino and Zulema. I thought that Daniel, Chloe and Nick were the most talented (Kara always snuck in a good one and you just have to love her in the opening sequence when she says in her awesome South African accent “These People Are Crazy!”) Santino, Zulema and Andre provided the best reality moments. Santino is just plain scary and basically goes crazy adding embellishments, Zulema we find out has an alternate personality that she blames when she gets bitchy (a.ka. Shatangy), and Andre, has the biggest and longest meltdowns on the runway (and there are 8 women who we assume got their periods a few times during the filming as well as 7 other queens competing against him for this honor).
So if you need a little pick me up try Project Runway...it'll do the trick!
My favorite:
Santino - I will eat you.
I love Dan V's big nose and 70s hair cut. Nick got screwed. Andre could have given Santino a run for his money in the entertainment department if they had shown more of his twirling and crying. Who knows how Kara made it to 4th position. Chloe deserved to win, although I liked Dan V's stuff better. And his nose. Heidi Klum is terribly annoying, and it is ironic that she critiqued people who could actually do something besides walk fancy.
I haven't watched the show.
Posted by
Me |
7:41 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posted by
blogedyblogblog |
10:25 PM
I did not delete that comment, I have no idea what happened, so...
What I had said, was...you are addicted! You are now officially in bloggville! ;)
Posted by
Lara |
6:05 AM
I love this show and I cannot wait for the new season. I am appeasing myself with "Top Chef" produced by the same folks!
Posted by
Unknown |
12:38 PM
Do you guys watch Blow Out?
Posted by
Me |
3:27 PM