I Hate Change

My friends know this about me. So imagine how depressing it was for me when I heard that the endless rumors about Katie turned out to be true. Couric that is not Holmes (that is a whole other discussion and there is not enough time in the day to even get into it).
I am not a morning person to begin with so I enjoy my mornings to run as smoothly and uneventful as possible. Now my morning routine has been handed a giant curve ball. My days of Katie, Matt, Anne& Al are coming to a close. The cheery little jingle, the on set antics, the brother and sister love you/hate you banter will all be gone. What is a grumpy morning viewer, who only gets her dose of news while blow drying her hair, to do? Sure I could watch Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America but as much as I hate change I am also extremely loyal to my network. NBC has been dwindling to nothing since Friends and Seinfeld left the air and is now in 3rd place but I kept rooting for my team; the team that brought us Johnny, Cosby, Cheers, Family Ties and many more. My team now consists of Leno and Joey, not to mention long in the tooth shows that just need to be put out of their misery. I give…my team sucks! The last little bit of joy has finally just been ripped away.
I do hope that Katie does well. I really do. I mean it is great that we finally get a woman anchoring the network news solo; it is the 21st century for god’s sake. If we ever expect to elect a woman president we should at least have an anchor in the Big Apple. There was hope early on. Jessica Savitch, started off strong but just tragically bottomed out and Conni Chung had moments of brilliance despite Maury, but no one was able to grab that brass ring until Katie. It is great for the feminist movement but damn it, I am just sad for me. Meredith Viera just isn’t going to cut it, I guess all I have left is to sip my grande non-fat chai, easy on the foam and log onto usatoday.com.
Come over to cable news !!! BBC is the best...
And c'mon - just give Earl and the Office a chance! they are the best shows on t.v. Please!!! Try!!! New!!!
:-)
Seriously, my mom is mourning too. So many years, so much perky.
Posted by
Me |
7:00 PM
Maybe Katie's professional triumph of change can be a catalyst for your own quest for change...
Meredith Viera ROCKS!
Posted by
Lara |
10:48 PM
Yes, maybe Katie can be my inspiration! As both she and Meredith V. said, in order to grow you must change.
By the way, I have tried the office and it is just not my cup of tea. I did try.
Posted by
blogedyblogblog |
9:59 AM
poor baby! i am already well on my way to work when the today show is on - but i do enjoy watching it when i am out of the office for a day or two. i will be in training next week that doesn't start until 9am - i will pay my condolences.
Posted by
Unknown |
3:09 PM
Clearly you hate change. You haven't updated your blog in 3 weeks AND you've been on vacation all of this week!
Posted by
Lara |
5:58 AM