« Home | Vacation Malaise » | I Hate Change » | Top Sexiest Songs Ever! » | Make it work! » | Tagged! » | Oscars 2006 »

Things are coming up rosie







She’s back!!!

Yes, my friends it has been officially confirmed, my beloved Rosie will be back on the daily airwaves this September. This news almost sent me into full on shock. Not a whiff of gossip had this happening, then all of a sudden rumor was running rampant on Thursday afternoon and by Friday it was confirmed by Babawaba herself.

If you recall, I noted that I hate change 2 blogs back. Well as it turns out, sometimes change really is good! Serendipitously, Rosie will be replacing Meredith V. on the View, who in turn is replacing my morning pick me up, Katie C. As much as I love my Katie, I loooooooved my Rosie even more! I still have my Rosie mug on my desk to prove it.

Yes, Ellen D. is pretty entertaining but Rosie had the side desk banter down to an art form. The difference being, Rosie doesn’t hold anything back about her home life and she is a huge celebrity fan, probably the biggest celebrity who is a fan of celebrities. Essentially, she is like every one of us (albeit millions richer than any of us will ever see and the fact that she can’t legally marry) but she still manages to touch that core of humanness in most of us. I am sure that all those super tight Republicans are freaking out right about now. There are now 2 Out lesbians on network TV, so much for 1 in 10!

Now I must confess, I haven’t really been as much of a fan of the “New” Rosie, the uberlesbian, Boy George befriending, crazy haircut sporting, poetry posting Rosie. As most of my friends know, I do not like extremes so I am hoping for a nice blend of the old and new Rosie. I cannot wait to see Rosie and Starr go at it. She will eat Elizabeth Hasselbeck alive! What a way to kick off a morning (thank god for TIVO). Haven’t you all just yearned to hear what she had to say about the recent craziness hitting Hollywood? Since we last saw Rosie, Tom Cruise was Tommy and not part of TomKat, Friends was still on the air and there was no Brangelina in sight. Daytime TV has been so staid and boring and now we are in for a good bounce. A different view in deed. Yippee!!!

I have to say, I am glad she is back too, only to see what she will say now that she is completely out.

But then, I like change. :-) Change is good. See???

I'm learning. Slowly but surely!

Oh, look at that. Claudia updated her blog. Wow. It's a banner day!

Post a Comment

Pages Read

  • Book Club : 0
  • Fun Book: 0

Top 5

  • Favorite Things (This week):
  • 1. Best DVD- Devil Wears Prada
  • 2. Best Show- Ugg...re-runville
  • 3. Addiction- holiday cookies
  • 4. Music- CD Mix from Katie
  • 5. Way to Relax- Bubble Baths