« Home | LOST THAT LOVING FEELING? » | Sad Songs Say So Much » | Things are coming up rosie » | Vacation Malaise » | I Hate Change » | Top Sexiest Songs Ever! » | Make it work! » | Tagged! » | Oscars 2006 »

School’s out for summer


Those words use to make me so excited. It meant a carefree existence for 3 mos., sleeping in, laying by the pool and going on vacations. Now that I am an adult it means something completely different. It means, 115 degree weather, scalding my hands while trying to hold onto the steering wheel, sweat trickling down my legs when I get out of the car leaving a nice wet imprint on my leather seat but mostly it means that all my shows are on hiatus for far too long. Back in the day, shows would go on hiatus in June and start right up in September. Now they end in May and don’t begin again until the end of September and sometimes even October. A season would consist of 30+ episodes, now we are lucky to get into the mid 20’s. So imagine my sadness now that my favorite shows are starting to wrap up (some for series finales). How am I going to get through the summer without my Grey’s Anatomy crew, the crankiness of House, my idols??? I guess my little tivo will finally get its hard earned rest and I can gear up for more banal reality shows. Perhaps, it is time to actually go outside, go work out, read more than just my book club book.
Naah…I’ll just netflix!

I hear you, but I am looking forward to many of the summer shows - I think that it will be ok!

You promise?

Here's what I think - now is when you rent dvd's of other shows you haven't seen yet and watch them all in a row.

Also - you could watch CONCERT VIDEOS maybe like those your friends have given you. ;-)

Smarty pants. I know, I know. I need to watch it. It isn't because of lack of interest...I just keep forgetting!

Post a Comment

Pages Read

  • Book Club : 0
  • Fun Book: 0

Top 5

  • Favorite Things (This week):
  • 1. Best DVD- Devil Wears Prada
  • 2. Best Show- Ugg...re-runville
  • 3. Addiction- holiday cookies
  • 4. Music- CD Mix from Katie
  • 5. Way to Relax- Bubble Baths