Melissa is coming!!!

8.5 days and counting until Melissa Etheridge comes back to Phoenix! As I mentioned in a previous post, thanks to Cynthia for being such a great pal and going with me. I love, love, love seeing Melissa play live. She is an amazing live performer and quite underrated. Like her idol, Bruce, she thrives on the energy her fans give her during a show. Melissa puts in her all at each show and makes it worth every $ you spent on her. I believe that she is the only musician that I have consistently seen each time she hits town and each time puts on a totally different show. I am even more excited that this is the last tour stop on her summer tour, so you know she is going to kick even bigger rock ass!
Melissa is riding a second wave of popularity since her Grammy showstopper of Piece of My Heart with Joss Stone. Not only is she an awesome musician but has become a great little activist. The last two original tunes she has penned "I Run For Life" and "I Need To Wake Up" have been fundraisers for Breast Cancer and Environmental awareness, respectively. The latter even appearing at the closing credits of the hottest independent film of the summer "An Inconveniet Truth." If you aren't a fan of hers, I do urge you to give her another crack.
8.4 days and counting ...
So I ended up going to the chili peppers concert last night at the last minute... and all this on school nights... i'm getting too old for this...
Posted by
Me |
11:32 AM
Never too old. You are like Dick Clark, well pre-stroke Dick Clark.
Posted by
blogedyblogblog |
10:24 AM
How was the concert?
Posted by
Unknown |
5:42 PM
I think I might die if you don't update your blog.
Posted by
Lara |
9:54 PM